Church Secretary Susan Ware
0115 968 0896

The Church

Hucknall URC Church

This photograph shows the Mission Church, Hazel Grove, the memorial stones having been laid on 30 October 1894.

Mission services were started by the Hucknall Congregational Church (based on Portland Road) in August 1892 by the Reverend A J and Mrs Naylor with a band of workers, in a house at the corner of Claremont Street. These cottage meetings were continued until February 21 1895 when the congregation moved to the new chapel, built at a cost of £600.

In 1972 both churches became the United Reformed Church. Joint Pastorate under the ministry of Reverend Tom Irvine commenced in 1974.

Portland Road was sold in 1993, the closing service being held on 28 June.

The new wing of Hucknall United Reformed Church (The Grove) was officially opened on 26 May 2002.